She of the raised eyebrow...

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Dear neglected blog..

I've finally gotten around to writing an update. Sorry, poor blog -
I've spent all evening replying to emails and updating forum buddies about how I'm going. I had an ultrasound today and it turns out that I have 22 follicles!! Wahoo! Seems that I have nothing to worry about with regards to OHSS or non-response. Quite ridiculous since I'm one of the best worriers there is! BUT, I won't tempt fate, I'll just be thankful! EPU will be later this week or next weekend, so by that time my smaller follicles should be well and truly ready. Thanks to some more knowledgeable IVFers, I now know that all follicles are aspirated and that they grow about 2mm per day! So, all is on track and we are very happy. We are also very happy to have organised time off work for the next two weeks. I'm feeling a lot of pressure and pulling around my lower abdomen, I'm tired physically and emotionally all over the shop. There's no way I could teach in this state.

Feeling like the universe is on my side today. I received some yellow booties from a good e friend yesterday. They are part of an old wives tale for women trying to conceive. You put them under your pillow. Good friends of ours from Qld sent some flowers today wishing us luck with the process, which is really nice considering we had to pull out of flying u there to attend the husband's 30th birthday next weekend. Then, another e friend popped into my forum BG out of the blue to wish me luck with the scan! This is a person who is going through her own IF hell, and she has such a lot generosity towards other women who are going through things! It's really sweet. These three things made me stop and think - yeah, there are people out there who care and knowing that makes me feel so much more positive about this cycle! I'm not saying I expect to get a BFP - I'm just saying that emotionally I feel OK about it all and no matter the outcome, I'll be fine and I'll be prepared for another cycle.

Anyway, enough raving. Had a phone call from an Aunty the other night that went from about 9.30pm to 12.30am!! That's after midnight people!! God, the woman can talk - and most of it was classic assvice and adage! Bleurgghh! I was a good girl and held my tongue for most of it. A couple of time I HAD to interject! Anyway, I weathered it well and just sucked it up and thought to myself - this woman means well.

Saw a movie yesterday - "Failure to Launch". Matthew McConnoughy(sp) and Sarah Jessica Parker were both OK - it was the friend Kit that had be spellbound. Love her!! I liked her in "The New Guy", she was even better in this and just plain gorgeous and sexy. And who was the actor playing the "nomad/ world traveler" friend - very noice, very noice! ;)

Meeting some real friends ;) next week for coffee. One is an old friend who went through IVF about 6 years ago. Looking forward to getting some advice. the other is another teacher who is going though IVF for the first time this cycle, same as me. We'll have a lot to talk about and to compare. Should be fun.

Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home