She of the raised eyebrow...

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Anzac

OK - have been "on" puregon for three nights now and my brain is turning to glue and I'm really clumsy in the hands. Great! I'm also a hormonal cow! Swinging from heart melting sweetness to nasty viper bitch in seconds!

Managed to march in the Anzac parade today though without making a dick of myself!!
Seriously, the march was a special occasion for me. I wore my grandfather's medals for the first time since his death last December at the age of 90. I felt honoured all over again that I was the one chosen to have his medals. I hope he was looking on and feeling preoud of me and of himself and what he had done in his life.
I suspect he wouldn't have felt proud of himself though - he was too humble for that! He went through hell in New Guinea, but never once asked to be pat n the back for that - it was just something he did because he had to. He lied a good quiet life full of family and friends and died a cruel death in a hospital bed, alone at 3am, but he was in the hearts of every one who new him.
Not many more men like him left in the world - a dying generation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home